The National Parks of New York Harbor are desperately seeking to hire a local graduate to serve as the Community Volunteer Ambassador in a paid 1 year position as soon as possible.
If you have any graduates ages 21-29 who are looking to get employment immediately, please have them apply for this opportunity.
They are seeking graduates or soon-to-be graduates who are passionate about art, acting, history, education, social activism/justice , counseling, political science or environmental science.
CVAs receive top-notch, federal level training so that they can assist National Park staff with duties in the area of education, event planning, interpretation (historical reenactments), artist-in-residence programs, and volunteer coordination. CVAs recruit volunteers, coordinate volunteer/ service projects, plan events for service days and community outreach, and design promotional campaigns.
The benefits include:
- $440/ week ($1760/ month)+ health insurance
- $5920 Americorps Education Award upon completion
- 1-week, all-expenses-paid training in Austin, TX
- Non-competitive hiring status (PLC) on USAjobs.gov
- Hands-on training and resources, including training on how to navigate the federal job market
The application deadline has been extended until December 17th. I’ve attached a position description.
The application is located here and more information is available on our website: https://www.cvainternships.org/northeast-region-listings